MassDREAMS Update: MassHousing is not currently offering MassDREAMS grants with its home mortgage loans. MassDREAMS grants may be available from other lenders. Learn more.
Down Payment Assistance: MassHousing continues to offer down payment assistance for homebuyers in every city and town in Massachusetts. Learn more.
Who is eligible for a MassHousing Mortgage?
MassHousing loans help households with modest incomes buy a home in Massachusetts.
- Borrowers must meet income limits and purchase a single-family home, condo or 2-4 family property
- Many of our programs are for first-time homebuyers, but we have several programs if you’ve previously owned a home.
- Credit and other eligibility requirements also apply.
How to get a MassHousing Mortgage
MassHousing is not like other lenders. Here’s what you need to know:
- MassHousing works with more than 100 lending partners to make our loans available across Massachusetts.
- You choose an approved lender and ask for a MassHousing Mortgage.
- The lender determines your eligibility for a MassHousing Mortgage and down payment assistance.
- If you are eligible, you work with the lender during the homebuying process, through loan closing.
- After closing, MassHousing purchases your loan from the lender and you make your monthly mortgage payments to MassHousing.