Careers at MassHousing
At MassHousing, we believe a home is more than a roof and four walls. A home is safety and security, opportunity and peace of mind. Our team of talented professionals works to ensure that all Massachusetts residents have a safe, healthy and affordable place to call home. If you share our commitment, we hope you will consider joining us.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
MassHousing is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants, colleagues and partners without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. MassHousing believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues and partners is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Location: One Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
Posting Closes: Close of Business on 10/7/2022
MassHousing recently affirmed its longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion in its 5-year Strategic Goals.
MassHousing will confront the housing challenges facing the Commonwealth to improve the lives of its people. A bold mission for an innovative agency. Since its inception in 1966, MassHousing has provided more than $27.5 billion for more than 125,000 apartments and more than 105,000 home mortgage loans. Beyond lending, we also work to promote economic growth and empowerment for families, individuals, and businesses; help communities increase their housing stock; provide hope and homes for vulnerable populations, and look for new, cost-effective ways to provide equitable housing opportunities. We have a relentless determination to confront the Commonwealth's housing challenges and improve lives.
We know that we cannot meet our mission without a workforce that is committed to standing with us in our efforts. We achieve this by making investments in staff development and prioritizing individuals who align with our values including an unwavering dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As an employee of MassHousing you are offered a great career opportunity which is more than a paycheck. MassHousing's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including but not limited to:
- Tuition reimbursement up to $10,000 per calendar year
- A 35-hour work week and a hybrid work schedule
- Back up Child/Elder Care
- Retirement Savings including a pension and a deferred compensation plan (with a match)
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- 12 paid Holidays per year and generous sick, vacation, and personal time
- Short-Term Disability
- Central Boston office location, convenient to public transportation and amenities on site
If you're ready to join our dynamic team of mission driven professionals, this might be the job for you! Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and a resume to MassHousing by logging in to https://prd01-hcm01.prd.mykronos.com/ta/6003873.careers?CareersSearch
The Assistant Comptroller will assist the Comptroller in managing the accurate and timely preparation of the Company's internal and external financial reporting, ensuring GAAP compliance including research of technical issues and support of financial audits. Works closely with Internal Audit, Financial Reporting, Operations, and other departments in achieving these goals. Leads the day-to-day accounting operations and serves as a back-up to the Comptroller in all capacities. This position will assist the Comptroller, as required, in his/her interaction with Independent Public Accountants, Actuaries, Internal and External legal counsel, the MassHousing Investment and Audit Committee, the OPEB Committee, and various Senior Managers and staff of MassHousing.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the numbers and footnote disclosures presented in MassHousing's Financial Statements prior to approval by the Comptroller.
- Validate that information is consistent with recent financial statements and is consistent with current business operations.
- Review of MassHousing's Ginnie Mae, Mortgage Insurance Fund, Affordable Housing Trust Fund, OPEB, and SEFA audit reports annually and FAF every three years.
- Assist the Comptroller with management of the daily work from Accounting Operations.
- Establishment of MassHousing Loan Loss. Review loss model and exception schedules, review and discuss model results with Comptroller for discussion with Senior Management within the Rental group. Adjust assessment as needed based on input and data support.
- Work with Comptroller on engagement letters with Auditors.
- Work with Comptroller to establish agendas and meeting dates for Investment and Audit Committee and OPEB Committee.
- Work with Comptroller on new GASB pronouncements and their implementation.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Professional certification - CPA is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of financial and accounting processes, specifically budgeting and reporting.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 10 years minimum experience in Financial Statement preparation
- 10 years minimum experience in review of Financial Statements including note disclosures and MD&A
- 5 years minimum experience in Real Estate Lending business
Salary Range: $137,081 - $178,206
All positions at MassHousing require a customer service mindset, in accordance with our values: Integrity, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, Accountability and Service. Inherent in these values is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion for all.
This position has been designated as "Mobile" under MassHousing's Alternative Work Schedule (AWS)-hybrid work model. However, during the first 90 days, the employee may be expected in the office more frequently for training and onboarding.
As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for an exemption.
MassHousing is an Equal Opportunity Employer