Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund (Mass HAF)
The Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund (Mass HAF) was funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to help Massachusetts homeowners impacted by COVID-19.
Mass HAF is no longer accepting applications.
For questions on applications submitted before July 1, 2023, please contact the call center at 833.270.2953, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m to 8 p.m. (interpreter services are available).
Additional Housing-Related Resources for Homeowners who are having difficulty paying their mortgage
- If your foreclosure is scheduled in the next 7 days, you should reach out to the Massachusetts Division of Banks (DOB) to request assistance in preventing your foreclosure. Click here to find out how to contact the DOB.
- Beginning on July 1, 2023, the state-funded Residential Assistance for Families in Transition (RAFT) program became available to low-income homeowners who are at risk of foreclosure. Eligible homeowners may apply for RAFT through the Emergency Housing Payment Assistance Portal.
- To find a HUD-Approved Housing Counseling Agency in Massachusetts click here
- To apply for Rental Assistance, click here
- For information about Utility Assistance, click here
- For Legal Assistance Available in Massachusetts click here
- For Language Assistance click here
Mental Health Resources
- If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health crisis and/or suicidal thoughts, please call or text 988, which is the national suicide and crisis number. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also access the chat feature on the website: https://988lifeline.org/contact-the-lifeline/
- If you are looking for qualified professionals for mental health assessments and/or mental health referrals, please contact the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Helpline by calling or texting 833-773-2445 (BHHL). The helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can also access the chat feature on the website: https://www.masshelpline.com/contact/