Are you having trouble paying your mortgage? Are concerned about losing your home to foreclosure? MassHousing may be able to help.
Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund (Mass HAF)
Are you behind by at least three months on your mortgage payments due to financial challenges created by the COVID-19 pandemic? The Massachusetts Homeowner Assistance Fund may be able to help. Learn more about Mass HAF.
Federal Mortgage Plan for Homeowners
Find information on Making Home Affordable, a federal initiative to help homeowners avoid foreclosure, at makinghomeaffordable.gov.
Resources for Massachusetts Residents
Programs, links and information from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts are available on mass.gov.
Loan Programs from MassHousing
MassHousing Refinance Loans
Learn about our affordable, fixed-rate, MassHousing Refinance loans and how you can apply.
What to do Next
If you are worried about keeping up with mortgage payments or are at risk of foreclosure, there are steps you should take no matter what your circumstances may be:
- Contact your lender, who may be able to help you find a solution.
- Call the Homeownership Preservation Foundation at 888.995.HOPE for unbiased advice on avoiding foreclosure. Learn what you need and what to expect when contacting the HOPE Hotline.
- Contact your local NeighborWorks organization for support and assistance.
If you feel you have been unfairly denied foreclosure prevention alternatives, please call our escalation department toll-free at 888.843.6432.
The following is a summary of MassHousing's service commitment to provide fair consideration and timely resolution of the escalation process:
- Within three (3) business days of receiving your escalation request, MassHousing will acknowledge your inquiry in writing (email, fax or mail) and provide you with a date upon which you can anticipate a proposed resolution
- Within the earlier of five (5) business days of identifying the resolution or thirty (30) days of receiving your escalation request, you will be notified in writing of the proposed resolution and the next steps you must take in order to pursue the resolution, if applicable